Car accidents can be a very traumatic events, so if you were involved in an accident and are seeking legal guidance, consider contacting a car accident lawyer Las Vegas, NV residents depend on. At Nadia Von Magdenko & Associates, you may receive counsel from an experienced lawyer who will strive to obtain maximum compensation for your losses. Being involved in an automobile accident is scary enough on its own. Don’t allow the stress of property damage, lost wages, medical bills, and legal issues hinder your process of getting well. Leave those worries to a car accident lawyer Las Vegas, NV can count on.
What to Do If You Are in A Car Accident
Several different questions may arise if you have been in a car accident. A car accident lawyer Las Vegas, NV provides may advise you to remember the following steps:
- Health Check: The first thing to do after being in a car accident is to check yourself for injuries. If you do not have serious bruising and you are not experiencing pain, then continue to check on the well-being of any passengers. If possible, move to a safe place away from moving traffic. In some situations, your vehicle may still be drivable and can be moved to the side of the road. If that is not possible, it’s okay to leave the car where it is and go to a safe location nearby.
- Notify Authorities: No matter how minor the car accident may be, it’s still important to contact the authorities. Police officers on scene will be able to file an accident report, which may be necessary in court or in an injury claim. Contacting your insurance company may also be beneficial so that they can tell you what will be needed to process your claim.
- Exchange Information: If you are able, try to exchange your contact and insurance information with other individuals involved in the accident. If you are unable to collect this information, a car accident attorney Las Vegas, NV residents trust may be able to do so on your behalf. Typically, you will want to exchange:
- Full name and contact information
- The insurance company and policy number
- Driver’s license and license plate number
- Type, color and model of the vehicle
- Location of the accident
- Further Documentation: Collecting documentation while at the scene may be helpful for the Las Vegas car accident lawyer working your case. It is important not to debate with the other driver who is at fault, and it’s also important not to admit fault prematurely. You may leave those discussions to the police and your attorney. Instead, some information that you might gather at the scene may include:
- Names of officer personnel at the scene
- Names and addresses of each person involved in the accident
- Request a copy of the accident report from one of the officers
- Document the accident through photographs or video
Following these steps may help protect you against unnecessary stress. This information may also be useful for a car accident lawyer Las Vegas, NV has to offer.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
Despite your best efforts to be a diligent and careful driver, there are others out there who could make the roads unsafe. Working with a lawyer at Nadia Von Magdenko & Associates may help restore your peace of mind and provide step-by-step counsel for filing a car accident claim. For more information, or to schedule a consultation with a car accident lawyer Las Vegas, NV trusts, contact our law firm today.
What Happens If My Car Accident Injury Doesn’t Appear Right Away?
There are many reasons why injured accident victims seek legal counsel from a top car accident lawyer Las Vegas NV has to offer. One underlying factor in many car accident claims is that the medical bills for treating an injury can be difficult, or even impossible, to pay off. Seeking compensation through a claim or lawsuit is the only way that some accident victims may be able to afford necessary medical treatments. As an experienced car accident lawyer Las Vegas NV trusts would likely know, an accident victim could potentially be left with thousands of dollars of bills after just one day in the hospital, even with health insurance.
It’s important to note, however, that not all injuries appear immediately after an accident. Some accident victims find that their injuries develop days after the accident itself, or that their symptoms simply refuse to go away.
Why Injuries May Take Time To Appear
There are several “survival instincts” that may come into play when you’re involved in a car accident. These subconscious and involuntary reactions are intended to help you stay alive in a life-or-death situation. One important involuntary bodily reaction is the influx of certain chemicals, particularly adrenaline and endorphins, which give the body energy to move, and can also stifle the sensation of pain. It is not unusual to realize that you’re actually in a lot of pain hours after an accident.
Soft tissue injuries can also take some time to develop. The sudden force of a vehicular collision can cause damage to muscles, tendons, and ligaments throughout the body. Common symptoms of soft tissue injuries, such as pain, swelling, and stiffness, might take a long time to develop.
If you are seeking counsel from a Las Vegas NV car accident lawyer because your soft tissue injuries took days (or weeks) to develop, this is not abnormal.
Some accident victims might think that because their injuries have taken so long to manifest, it will be impossible to prove that the injuries resulted from the accident. This is not necessarily true. One important step to take is to see a doctor as soon as possible. Receiving an official diagnosis from a medical professional can be an effective way of documenting your injuries. Second, you might want to contact a car accident lawyer Las Vegas NV drivers recommend. A legal professional may be able to help you collect evidence about the accident and about your injuries.
Auto accidents are a serious type of personal injury accident. To prove a personal injury case, it must fit the legal definition. All drivers are responsible for maintaining control of their car and avoiding other cars while driving. The driver is usually the one at fault in an accident. The auto insurance companies handle the damages in cases like these.
Our Las Vegas personal injury attorneys are prepared to handle a wide range of claims involving auto accidents and other motor vehicle crashes, including the following:
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Pedestrian and biking accidents
- Drunk driver accidents
- Accidents caused by underinsured and uninsured motorists
- Taxi cab accidents
- Boating accidents
- Multiple vehicle pile-ups
Sometimes, other people’s negligence causes accidents. Perhaps the road was not safe or properly maintained. In this case, the city, municipality, or state is held accountable for damages done. Maybe the signs were not maintained and as a result were difficult to read; whoever is supposed to maintain the signs is held liable.
Maybe there was a problem with one of the vehicles involved? There have been situations where auto manufacturers, repair shops, and tire manufacturers were held liable. In these cases, proving negligence can be difficult. You would need to find to investigate case laws to see if cases like yours have been won.
You will be able to get as much recovery as the law allows. The point of this is that your compensation should be enough for you to feel complete again. This is called compensatory damages. The idea is to return you to the same position you had prior to the accident. The law acknowledges that your losses can take a variety of forms. While injured you may lose wages. You might have medical fees. You can have suffering, or pain and suffering. The accident can disfigure or scar you. You may not be able to work or earn money. You might not be able to be intimate with your spouse, this is called loss of consortium.
In cases where injury was the result of another person’s irresponsible actions, you can collect “punitive damages”. These are also applicable to cases where personal injury is the result of a defective product; that is, something that made the car a hazard and could have been fixed but was not. This compensation is offered in addition to the regular compensatory damages already mentioned.
Speak With a Car Accident Lawyer Las Vegas NV Can Depend On
Car accidents — even minor ones — can cause substantial property damage and bodily harm. It’s important to know that you still may qualify for financial compensation, even if your injuries did not appear immediately after your accident. At Von Magdenko & Associates, we understand that car accidents can be confusing, and an injury could complicate things further. It is essential for accident victims to have access to a trusted car accident lawyer in Las Vegas NV when they need to know if their situation may call for an injury claim or lawsuit.
Every individual’s accident is unique, and should be evaluated carefully by an attorney who is experienced, compassionate, and effective. To schedule a case evaluation with Nadia Von Magdenko — a top car accident lawyer Las Vegas NV residents can trust — contact our office today.
Contact Nadia Immediately.
Call Nadia today at (702) 385-1600 or fill out our form for a free consultation about your case. Nadia will personally respond to your email or call.