If you were involved in a slip and fall accident, it may be in your best interest to talk to a trip and fall lawyer Las Vegas, NV trusts. This accident may have left you with serious injuries. An experienced lawyer with Nadia von Magdenko & Associates may be able to help you obtain the compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering.
Common Causes of Trip and Fall Accidents
Every year, thousands of people seek medical care for trip and fall accidents, as a trip and fall lawyer Las Vegas, NV trusts can attest. These accidents can lead to various types of injuries like bruises, broken bones, and even skull fractures. Let’s take a closer look at the common causes of trip and fall accidents:
- Nursing Home Neglect: Poor balance is quite common in elderly people, which increases the likelihood of trip and fall accidents. That’s one reason why many elders choose to live in nursing homes as they can be a safer environment. Unfortunately though, not all nursing home staff members are as attentive as they should be. The average trip and fall lawyer in Las Vegas, NV has represented many clients who fell while in a nursing home because they weren’t properly looked after.
- Wet Surfaces: Wet surfaces account for a large number of trip and fall accidents, as a trip and fall lawyer Las Vegas, NV respects can confirm. They can potentially happen anywhere. A common example is product that spilled on a grocery store floor. In that scenario, customers can easily trip over the slick surface. It’s important for all property owners to clean up spills as soon as possible and warn others about the wet surface.
- Weather Conditions: Many outdoor trip and fall accidents are caused by weather conditions including rain. A trip and fall lawyer Las Vegas, NV relies on can explain. Although it’s not possible to control weather, it is possible to take the proper precautions to prevent accidents. For example, property owners should throw salt on icy sidewalks to keep people from slipping and falling. Because such conditions are rare in Las Vegas, this precaution might be overlooked.
Proving Negligence in a Slip and Fall Case
In order for your trip and fall lawyer in Las Vegas, NV to help you obtain compensation for your injuries, you must be able to prove negligence. Falling in a store or outside someone’s house doesn’t automatically mean that the owner is at fault. For example, if you tripped because you forgot to tie your shoelaces, the property owner likely wouldn’t be held responsible.
To prove negligence, there must have been an unsafe condition that the owner knew about but didn’t fix. Perhaps there was a soda spill in a grocery store and you slipped and fell. If your trip and fall lawyer Las Vegas, NV depends on proves that the grocery store owner knew about the spill but failed to clean it up, you may be able to receive compensation for your injuries.
Damages Available in a Slip and Fall Case
If you prove negligence in a slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to certain damages. Here are the types of damages your trip and fall lawyer Las Vegas, NV respects may help you obtain:
- Medical Bills: Slip and fall injuries may require medical care, including emergency room care, doctor’s visits, and medication. If you win your lawsuit, you may be compensated for these medical bills.
- Loss of Income: If your injuries were serious enough, you might have had to take off time from work. A qualified Las Vegas trip and fall lawyer may be able to help you recover your lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering: Some injuries may cause a person to suffer for a long time. Damages for pain and suffering are typically awarded as a way of recognizing the intangible costs of a serious injury. These damages may also be awarded as a punitive measure against the liable party.
Questions to Ask a Trip and Fall Lawyer
In order to find out if a Las Vegas trip and fall lawyer has the skills and experience you are looking for, it’s important to ask the right questions during your initial consultation. Here are some examples of what to include:
- How Many Trip and Fall Cases Have You Handled? It may be in your best interest to hire a trip and fall lawyer Las Vegas, NV depends on who has successfully handled many cases similar to yours in the past. If you hire a lawyer who has only worked on car accident cases or medical malpractice cases, he or she might not have the type of experience you need for a positive outcome.
- Do You Think I Have a Strong Case? After reviewing all the evidence in your case, a trip and fall lawyer Las Vegas, NV depends on should have an idea of whether or not you have a good shot at winning your case. If he or she believes your case is weak, it may not be worthwhile for you to pursue a personal injury lawsuit.
- What Is Your Contingency Fee? Many trip and fall lawyers work on a contingency basis. This means that they take a percentage of your winnings. It may be worth asking your lawyer what his or her exact contingency fee is. Also confirm whether or not you owe them anything if they do not win your lawsuit or negotiate a settlement on your behalf.
Hiring a Trip and Fall Lawyer
A reputable trip and fall lawyer Las Vegas, NV counts on may be able to help you obtain compensation for your injuries faster and easier. A qualified lawyer may know how much your injuries are worth and ensure that you get fair compensation.
During your first meeting with a trip and fall lawyer, remember to bring any evidence you have, such as photos of the accident scene and witness statements. If the evidence you currently have is insufficient, your lawyer may help you gather more evidence. Also be prepared to answer the lawyer’s questions, such as how the slip and fall accident occurred and what injuries you suffered.
It is never too soon to talk to a trip and fall lawyer about your case. You deserve justice for what happened to you. If you are searching for a trip and fall lawyer Las Vegas, NV offers, contact Nadia von Magdenko & Associates at 702-385-1600.