Car accidents can be a very traumatic events, so if you were involved in an accident and are seeking legal guidance, consider contacting a car accident lawyer Las Vegas, NV residents depend on. At Nadia Von Magdenko & Associates, you may receive counsel from an experienced lawyer who will strive to obtain maximum compensation for your losses. Being involved in an automobile accident is scary enough on its own. Don’t allow the stress of property damage, lost wages, medical bills, and legal issues hinder your process of getting well. Leave those worries to a car accident lawyer Las Vegas, NV can count on.
What to Do If You Are in A Car Accident
Several different questions may arise if you have been in a car accident. A car accident lawyer Las Vegas, Nevada provides may advise you to remember the following steps:
1. Health Check: The first thing to do after being in a car accident is to check yourself for injuries. If you do not have serious bruising and you are not experiencing pain, then continue to check on the well-being of any passengers. If possible, move to a safe place away from moving traffic. In some situations, your vehicle may still be drivable and can be moved to the side of the road. If that is not possible, it’s okay to leave the car where it is and go to a safe location nearby.
2. Notify Authorities: No matter how minor the car accident may be, it’s still important to contact the authorities. Police officers on scene will be able to file an accident report, which may be necessary in court or in an injury claim. Contacting your insurance company may also be beneficial so that they can tell you what will be needed to process your claim.
3. Exchange Information: If you are able, try to exchange your contact and insurance information with other individuals involved in the accident. If you are unable to collect this information, a car accident attorney Las Vegas, NV residents trust may be able to do so on your behalf. Typically, you will want to exchange:
- Full name and contact information
- The insurance company and policy number
- Driver’s license and license plate number
- Type, color and model of the vehicle
- Location of the accident
4. Further Documentation: Collecting documentation while at the scene may be helpful for the Las Vegas car accident lawyer working your case. It is important not to debate with the other driver who is at fault, and it’s also important not to admit fault prematurely. You may leave those discussions to the police and your attorney. Instead, some information that you might gather at the scene may include:
- Names of officer personnel at the scene
- Names and addresses of each person involved in the accident
- Request a copy of the accident report from one of the officers
- Document the accident through photographs or video
Following these steps may help protect you against unnecessary stress. This information may also be useful for a car accident lawyer Las Vegas, NV has to offer.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV
Despite your best efforts to be a diligent and careful driver, there are others out there who could make the roads unsafe. Working with a lawyer at Nadia Von Magdenko & Associates may help restore your peace of mind and provide step-by-step counsel for filing a car accident claim. For more information, or to schedule a consultation with a car accident lawyer Las Vegas, NV trusts, contact our law firm today.