Nadia von Magdenko is an Lyft attorney Las Vegas, NV residents respect. Guided by a passionate zeal to fight and protect the rights of clients, our law firm is one that you can depend on for successful results.
Lyft is a rideshare company that is found throughout the United States. In Las Vegas, Lyft is a popular alternative to taxis, public transport, and even personal ownership of a vehicle. With the growing popularity of Lyft, the number of injuries sustained while using the rideshare service are also rising. When this happens, the passenger, customer, or driver of Lyft may be entitled to monetary compensation.
A Las Vegas Lyft attorney may be ideal for those who were harmed by the negligent or careless acts of another party. For more information, contact Nadia von Magdenko.
Understanding the Insurance of Lyft Drivers
Lyft requires their drivers to have some type of insurance; however, this varies depending on the services offered by the driver and the vehicle they use. Up until 2016, coverage from Lyft was limited — typically it was the sole responsibility of drivers to insure their passengers. This meant when a collision occurred as a result of the driver’s actions, he or she was often legally at fault. As a seasoned Lyft attorney Las Vegas, NV trusts might attest, this lack of a company-wide insurance policy meant that injury claims have been unpredictable. Today, Lyft provides adequate rideshare coverage that includes:
- $1 million of liability coverage per incident
- $1 million of uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage per incident
- Contingent comprehensive and collision insurance
- No fault coverage is provided in some states
- Coverage for bodily injury up to $50,000 per individual or accident with a total of $100,000 per accident and up to $25,000 for property damage
In addition to the insurance coverage and new laws found in several states, recovering damages from Lyft and/or the Lyft driver is often a possibility. To discuss your story with a Lyft attorney Las Vegas, NV provides, please call our firm now.
Common Types of Lyft Accidents
It is the duty of a Lyft attorney Las Vegas, NV respects to identify as much evidence as possible in order to build a solid case. Part of this includes determining the cause of the accident. Motor vehicle collisions involving Uber could occur from a broad range of reasons such as:
- Failing to stay in the proper lane
- Failing to adhere to traffic signs, signals, and stops
- Reckless driving
- Driving under the influence
- Driving while distracted (including the use of Lyft navigation systems)
- + More
Injuries that are a result of the collision may include:
- Broken bones or sprains
- Muscle, tissue, or ligament injury
- Head/brain injury
- Back, spine, and neck injury
- Burns, cuts, abrasions, and bruising
- Loss of limb, sight, hearing, or teeth
- Wrongful death
- + More
Have an Lyft Attorney in Las Vegas, NV Listen to Your Story
When you or a loved one has been in an Lyft accident, you may be entitled to monetary compensation that covers your medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and more. Time is of the essence because of a strict statute of limitations. To schedule your complimentary consultation with a Lyft attorney Las Vegas, NV has to offer, please call Nadia von Magdenko at 702-385-1600.