When you’ve been in a motor vehicle accident, you might want to have an MVA lawyer Las Vegas, NV offers on your side. In Nevada, motor vehicle accidents top the list of reasons to seek medical attention and they are one of the leading causes of injury. The outcome of a collision could have a lasting impact on a person’s life and lead to tremendous physical, emotional, financial, and mental anguish.
Nadia von Magdenko is a respected Las Vegas MVA lawyer who understands the complex laws encompassing these matters. Guided by years of experience and a dedicated drive to get people justice, Nadia von Magdenko is ready to hear your story during a free consultation.
Common Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents
Each MVA claim will have its own factors to take into consideration during the litigation process. An MVA lawyer in Las Vegas, NV should analyze every factor from all angles to develop a clear and concise defense. Although there are numerous causes and types of accidents, the most common include:
- Side swiped
- Failure to Yield
- Rear ended
- Head-on collision
- Angled car
- Parking lot accident
- Fatal crashes
- Fender benders
- Pedestrian accident
- + more
What You Should Do Following an MVA
If you’ve been in a motor vehicle accident, medical care should be the foremost priority. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may or may not be able to take pictures of the scene. Don’t worry if you’re unable to do so; an MVA lawyer Las Vegas, NV drivers trust may obtain visual evidence as well as medical records and police reports. Once you’ve been seen by a doctor, you will likely be contacted by your insurance carrier or the other party’s. It’s highly advisable to politely decline any requests for a statement, questioning, or settlement negotiation. Instead, contact an MVA lawyer Las Vegas, NV can provide as soon as possible.
Common Types of Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries
Motor vehicle accidents can result in many types of injuries. Some of these injuries are life-changing while others are more easy to recover from. All injuries should be checked out by a doctor as soon as possible, even if they seem minor. If injuries aren’t addressed promptly, they may get worse. Let’s take a look at the common types of motor vehicle accident injuries a MVA lawyer Las Vegas, NV trusts may have seen in motor vehicle accident victims:
- Broken Bones: A MVA lawyer Las Vegas, NV offers may have helped many individuals who broke bones in their legs, arms, and other body parts during vehicle crashes. Breaking a bone can be very painful and requires immediate medical attention. If a bone was only broken in one place, it might just need a cast. However, if a bone was broken in several places, surgery may be required.
- Head Injuries: A MVA lawyer in Las Vegas, NV may have represented individuals who have suffered head injuries from motor vehicle accidents. These injuries often occur if a person hits his or her head on a window or steering wheel. The treatment for head injuries depend on the severity. A mild contusion, for example, might just require a lot of rest. A traumatic brain injury, on the other hand, might require surgery and rehabilitation.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is one of the most common motor vehicle injuries. It’s a neck injury that occurs when the head shakes suddenly to the front or side and can lead to pain and stiffness. Whiplash often resolves on its own, but more severe cases are possible and may require therapy.
- Back Injuries: People might also request legal representation from a MVA lawyer Las Vegas, NV relies on for back injuries. If the spine is affected, it can lead to nerve damage, reducing sensation in the arms, legs, and other body parts. More severe cases of spinal damage may lead to paralysis.
- Bruises and Cuts: Objects inside a vehicle may get thrown around during a collision and hit drivers and passengers. Compared to other types of injuries, scrapes and cuts seem pretty minor. While most aren’t life-threatening, they still need to be looked at by a doctor. Lacerations could result in a lot of blood loss, requiring stitches, or may become infected.
Motor Vehicle Accident Victims Must File Their Lawsuits on Time
Motor vehicle accident victims who wish to recover compensation for their injuries must abide by the statute of limitations. This law requires individuals to file a lawsuit within a certain timeframe (or have a MVA lawyer Las Vegas, NV respects file a lawsuit on their behalf). In Nevada, individuals must file a lawsuit within two years of the accident. Once the deadline has passed, they won’t be allowed to sue for compensation.
To avoid missing the deadline, it’s important for motor vehicle accidents victims to hire an experienced Las Vegas MVA lawyer as soon as possible. A MVA lawyer Las Vegas, NV depends on may start on your case immediately and work hard to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
What a Lawyer May Do to Prove Your Case
It is the goal of a lawyer to get you fair compensation and to encourage the other party to take responsibility for his or her actions. Apart from developing a strong, arguable case, an MVA lawyer Las Vegas, NV relies on may:
- Estimate vehicle repair costs
- Identify witness and record their statements
- Communicate with the insurers
- Provide notice of potential claims to appropriate parties
- Help you to organize a rental car
- Investigate the factors of the accident
- Determine who was at fault
- + More
Nadia von Magdenko: A Las Vegas Lawyer on Your Side
Motor vehicle accidents could have extensive repercussions. Without legal representation you risk losing out on fair and just financial compensation. No matter what the outcome of your accident has been, you may want to have a lawyer prepared to defend and counsel you.
Nadia von Magdenko offers free initial case evaluations to accident victims who wish to pursue legal action. During this meeting, you may discuss the details of your case and determine which course of action may be best for your situation.
To speak with an MVA lawyer Las Vegas, NV residents can rely on, please call 702-385-1600.