Nadia von Magdenko is a sexual assault lawyer Las Vegas, NV victims trust to fight for them. Nadia offers strength to victims to help them get through this ordeal.
A compassionate sexual assault lawyer in Las Vegas, NV understands that sexual assault is one of the most traumatic and life-changing events a person can go through. If you have been the victim of a sexual assault, you do not have to suffer alone.
Sexual Assault Facts
A dedicated sexual assault lawyer Las Vegas, NV clients rely on is aware of the alarming facts associated with sexual assault in this country, including:
- Every 98 seconds, someone is sexually assaulted in the United States. Every eight minutes, that victim is a child
- One in three women will be sexually assaulted during their lifetime.
- One in 10 women has been raped by an intimate partner at some point in their lifetime
- Eight out of every 10 rape victims knew the person who sexually assaulted them.
- Two-thirds of sexual assault attacks are not reported to the police.
- Child Protective Services agencies statistics show that 63,000 children are victims of sexual violence every year, with 66 percent of them between the ages of 12 and 17.
- Almost 50 percent of sexual assaults occur in the victim’s home.
Injuries to Sexual Assault Victims
Besides any physical injuries a sexual assault victim endures, he or she is often left with long-term emotional injuries as well. Many sexual assault victims suffer with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). This may leave them struggling with overwhelming emotions and feeling stressed or anxious all the time. Many victims are left to fear that they will run into their attacker somewhere. That fear can become so intense that a victim may be afraid to be alone or leave their home.
Struggling with these constant fears and anxiety often leaves a victim feeling helpless and as though they no longer have any control over their life. This feeling of helplessness is often triggered because the victim felt helpless to stop the attack, and that feeling has now spilt over into their everyday life.
Victims also often suffer from flashbacks of the attack, depression, and have difficulty concentrating. These emotional issues may begin to affect their personal relationships with partners, family, and friends.
Where Can Sexual Assault Victims Turn?
A sexual assault lawyer Las Vegas, NV clients trust is aware that more than 60 percent of sexual assaults are never reported to police and only 12 percent of sexual assaults on children are reported. Many victims of assault do not tell anyone about their attack due to fear, shame, or embarrassment.
In some cases, even if the sexual assault is reported to police, criminal charges are never actually brought forward against the offender. However, there are other ways to seek justice besides criminal court. Many sexual assault victims turn to a Las Vegas sexual assault lawyer to take their case to civil court for justice.
Nadia aggressively fights for all victims of sexual assault, including those who were assaulted by a spouse or intimate partner, campus sexual assault, clergy abuse, and employment sexual assault. Even if the perpetrator is able to avoid jail time, they may still be held accountable for their actions in a personal injury lawsuit.
There may also be other parties who can be held accountable in civil court. Some of these parties may include:
- Property owners who were aware of unsafe or dangerous conditions on their property, or dangerous persons (such as a convicted sex offender), but did nothing to eliminate those dangerous situations.
- Companies who exhibit lax management or business practices which create or contribute to an environment that allows sexual assaults to occur.
- Parents or other responsible adults who allow underage drinking at their home, resulting in an intoxicated teenager being sexually assaulted.
Let a Sexual Assault Lawyer Las Vegas, NV Provides Fight for You
If you have been a victim of sexual assault, contact Nadia von Magdenko & Associates today. Nadia helps victims of sexual assaults take their life back and get control.
If a lawsuit must be filed, Nadia will make sure that your identity is protected from the public.
Contact a sexual assault lawyer Las Vegas, NV offers today at 702-385-1600 or fill out our form for a free consultation about your case, and Nadia will personally respond to your email or call.