Personal Injury Lawyer Las Vegas, NV
Were you seriously injured due to someone else’s negligence? If so, you may have grounds for filing a personal injury claim against them. In some scenarios, a civil lawsuit may be necessary in order to recover your damages. With the help of a personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas, NV from Nadia von Magdenko & Associates, you might be eligible for a substantial settlement to pay for medical treatment and to compensate you for your pain and suffering.
We Are Committed to Helping Injury Victims
Establishing liability in personal injury cases can be challenging because it often comes down to “he said-she said” insofar as who was responsible for causing the accident. This can be true whether it was an auto accident, a slip and fall accident, or a defective product that caused the injury. At Nadia von Magdenko & Associates, we are committed to protecting the rights of victims who were injured through no fault of their own. When you need a personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas, NV you can feel confident that you are in good hands.
The Nature of Personal Injury Cases
The following components must be present in order for a personal injury claim or lawsuit to move forward. After a personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas, NV agrees to handle your case, they will need to establish the following by providing sufficient proof in a claim or during a civil lawsuit:
- Duty of care. The victim’s personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas, NV must prove that their client and the defendant had a relationship of some type. Two common examples are: doctor and patient, or two drivers sharing the same road. Because of that relationship, the plaintiff had a duty of care toward that other person. The duty of care means that they had the legal and ethical responsibility to not harm that other person.
- Breach of duty. This is based on how someone else in a similar situation might have reacted under the same circumstances. Did he or she act as responsibly? If not, then he or she may have breached their duty of care to the injured victim. A common example is that a physician did not treat their patient correctly or a driver got behind the wheel while intoxicated and drove recklessly as a result. The plaintiff’s personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas, NV may call on witnesses to help prove that the defendant breached their duty.
- Cause. The plaintiff’s personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas, NV must prove that the defendant’s breach of duty, whether it was their action or inaction, was directly responsible for the victim’s injury.
- Injury damages. The plaintiff’s personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas, NV must be able to prove that their client suffered measureable damages as a result of the defendant’s breach of duty. For example, doctors’ bills for medical treatment.
What You Can Do to Help Your Case
- Collect documents related to your damages including medical reports, police reports, etc.
- Identify any witnesses that might speak on your behalf and record their contact information.
- Contact Nadia von Magdenko & Associates to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas, NV.
When you may be in need of a personal injury lawyer Las Vegas, NV victims turn to for help, call Nadia von Magdenko & Associates to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.